Who we are:
Meridian, a WellCare Company, is part of a national network of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. As a part of the WellCare Family of companies, we deliver healthcare excellence to millions of members nationwide.
Our associates work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian associates enjoy an exceptional experience and culture including special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Community Health Outreach Worker:
This position is responsible for performing duties independently and as part of the Care Coordination Team. This position collects, reviews and reports health and social information through member home visits and motivational interviewing, while demonstrating multicultural sensitivity and effective communication skills with members. This position follows established safety protocols in the community setting, as well as established preventive and disease management programs for health promotion and education.
PLEASE NOTE, must reside in Lake, Mason or Osceola County, MI
• Serves as a resource and consult to Meridian Care Coordination teams
• Serve as Meridian's community liaison and maintain relationships with key individuals in the community by serving as an advocate to improve health and social outcomes
• Coordinate and perform duties of communicating the mission and role of Meridian to community associations, senior groups, ethnic clubs and groups, and churches.
• Serve as the direct personal contact in the community with Meridian members who are unable to be reached through phone calls
• Conduct appropriate member assessments and address SDoH
• Conduct face to face visits with members while remaining in compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements
• Educate Meridian members about Care Coordination benefits and offer connection to services
• Facilitate access to preventive and disease management health services
• Communicate Meridian member issues requiring interventions to appropriate Meridian departments and providers
• Participate in Community events, as assigned
• Ability to work flex hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate member needs
• Must possess a valid State driver’s license and travel is required. Any Meridian employee who uses a motor vehicle in the course of their duties representing Meridian must be compliant with State Motor Vehicle laws and must follow the policy that pertains to Driver’s License Requirements as a condition of employment.
• Maintains confidentiality and uses only the minimum amount of protected health information (PHI) necessary to accomplish job related responsibilities
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
What Meridian can offer you:
Equal Opportunity Employer